A little about me.
Currently, I work as Manager, Curriculum Development, Renewal, and Innovation in the Teaching and Learning Innovation Hub at Cambrian College in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. In my role, I support new program development, quality assurance processes, and support the day-to-day activities in the Teaching and Learning Innovation Hub.
Everything I do as an educator is rooted in empowerment.
My core beliefs about educational development include:
- Focuses on supporting student-centred learning experiences
- Relationship building is fundamental
- Flexibility and a commitment to life-long learning is the key to success
- Teachers feel empowered when they are given the tools to succeed and the confidence to take risks
- Being a good problem-solver is hugely beneficial in this work
- Being curious drives creativity and innovation in this work
I joined Cambrian in January 2014 and have over 15 years of experience in education at the K-12 and post-secondary levels. I have a Master of Education and have been a member of the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) since 2010.
Outside of my role at Cambrian, I also sit as the Chair for the Council of Ontario Educational Developers (COED). COED brings together educational developers in higher education from across Ontario into a space for collaboration, conversation, and consultation. I am also part of the Conference Planning Committee for the Curriculum Developers Affinity Group (CDAG).