Need a copy?
Download my résumé or view my complete CV.
Researched proactive classroom management strategies to foster a student-centred classroom. Also, completed the Canadian Teacher Education Program to meet the requirements of the Ontario College of Teachers to be a certified grade 7-12 teacher.
Focus on British, Canadian, post-colonial (South African + the Caribbean), and popular culture literature.
Manager, Curriculum Development, Renewal, and Innovation| May 2022 - present
Coordinates the quality assurance processes in the academic areas of the College leading program-level accreditation, curriculum mapping, comprehensive program reviews, policy development and reviews, and submissions of new program applications to meet internal and external standards.
Educational Developer | June 2018 - May 2022
Supports the development of program curriculum and courses; provides guidance on pedagogy and recommended practices; developed and delivers the Teaching Excellence Program, a one-year onboarding program on for new faculty that focuses on pedagogy and recommended practices
Coordinator, Quality Teaching Resource Centre | Aug. 2017 - Jun. 2018
Supported faculty with professional development and growth through professional development sessions or one-on-one consultations
Curriculum Designer| Jan. 2014 - Aug. 2017
Conducted curriculum mapping sessions with program faculty; supported the review of curriculum and submission of annual program reviews
Wiikwemkoong Board of Education
High School English Teacher | Sept. 2011 - Jan. 2014
English teacher, grades 9-12; EQAO Literacy lead; Professional Learning Community lead (Literacy Across the Curriculum); Student Success lead; volleyball co-coach; badminton co-coach; Outside Looking In dance group co-supervisor
Grade 6 Teacher | Sept. 2010 - Jun. 2011
Taught grade 6 (all subjects); class hosted a community breakfast; initiated a literacy open house for students to share what they’re reading with their families in an immersive way
Supply Teacher | Jan. 2010 - June 2010
Supply teacher for middle school and high school, grades 5 – 12, all subjects
Quality Assurance Lead| Sept 2022 - April 2023
Colleges Ontario, Remote
Leading the quality assurance process for three bridging programs within the Nursing Program Transformation initiative, including audits, curriculum development, and program mapping.
Website Developer| 2021 - present
Sudbury Dolphin Aquatic Club (SDAC)
Created and maintain a website for the SDAC based on consultations with stakeholders. See their site at sdacscuba.ca.
- Using Sprints to Accelerate Course Development | Curriculum Developers Affinity Group Conference | CDAG – Online | 2021
- Student Ownership of the Course Development Process | Northern Lights Reflections on Teaching Conference | Cambrian College – Online | 2021
- Using Sprints to Accelerate Course Development | Focus on Teaching Conference | Georgian College – Online | 2021
- Ment2B: Using Online Polling Software to Improve Student Achievement Through Retrieval Practice | Advancing Learning Conference | Seneca College – Online | 2021
- Ment2B: Using Online Polling Software to Improve Student Achievement Through Retrieval Practice | Focus on Teaching Conference | Georgian College – Online | 2021
- Student Ownership of the Course Development Process | Focus on Teaching Conference | Georgian College – Online | 2021
- Virtual Group Work: It Can Be Done! | Focus on Teaching Conference | Georgian College – Online | 2021
- From Vision to Reality: The Cambrian College Teaching and Learning Innovation Hub | Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Conference | Winnipeg | 2019
- Open it up: Adding relevance, empowerment, and metacognition to college-level writing assignments | Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) | Sudbury | (2018
Invited Talks / Panels
- HyFlex Assessments Panel | The Ontario College Symposium on HyFlex Teaching and Learning hosted by Seneca College – online | 2022
- VLS Collection Showcase: HyFlex Course Design and Teaching Strategies Pressbook | eCampus Ontario – Online | 2022
- Creating OER with Students | Ontario Open Library Network | eCampus Ontario – Online | 2020
Facilitated Seminars & Workshops
- Using Sprints to Accelerate Course Development | Educational Developers Caucus | 2021
- Students as Co-Creators: Concrete Examples of Open Assessment Collaborations. Open Education Conference | Phoenix, AZ | 2019